Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Review of Paper Towns

        So I recently watched Paper Towns and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Temple Hill Entertainment - Paper Towns.png

        The story centers on story Quentin (played by Nat Wolff) and his enigmatic neighbor Margo (played by Cara Delevingne), who loved mysteries so much she became one. After taking him on an all-night adventure through their hometown, Margo suddenly disappears--leaving behind cryptic clues for Quentin to decipher. The search leads Quentin and his quick-witted friends on an exhilarating adventure that is equal parts hilarious and moving. Ultimately, to track down Margo, Quentin must find a deeper understanding of true friendship--and true love.

       

        This was a pretty decent movie. Going into the film I had no idea what was going to happen I think that this film needs the element of surprise. I really loved the performances in the film especially from Nat Wolff and Cara Delevingne who are just spectacualr. I enjoyed the journey that the film took you on and the twists and turns throughout were very interesting. Now coming from the author of The Fault in Our Stars this film isn't as well made as that film I felt like that the film needed John Boone's touch (who directed the aforementioned The Fault in Our Stars). The comedy well-timed and just perfect throughout and while the film does have that suspense element, it does feel a little laid back and very original. Although the film was original I did think that some of the plot points were pretty predictable. Overall I thought the story was very interesting and the performances were spot on. I give Paper Towns a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Paper Towns, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment