Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Review of My All American

        So I recently watched My All American and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





My All American Updated.jpg

        Freddie Steinmark (played by Finn Wittrock), an underdog on the gridiron, faces the toughest challenge of his life after leading his team to a championship season.

       

        This is an inspirational yet dreadful movie. Now I say that it's a terrible movie simply because it's very predictable and it caters to a certain kind of audience, but in doing so it makes the film quality go down quite a bit. Aaron Eckhart may not be in the leading role, but his performance is spectacular and he just brings so much emotion to the role and the same could be said for Finn Wittrock. The film tries to be an inspiration to those who have struggled in the fight against cancer and to those who have also lost their life to this terrible disease. In those inspirational moments it often gets caught up in the moment and becomes to melodramatic. Even if you don't know the story about Freddie Joe Steinmark going into the film you can almost guess the entire film from the moment go and in a true story like this you don't want a predictable film. The director of the film Angleo Pizzo is most know for writing the screenplays for both Hoosiers and Rudy and in this film he just tries too hard to recreate those classic sports films. Overall the film has a couple of great performances and some inspirational moments, but the predictability and the lack of original screenwriter hurts the film. I give My All American a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of My All American, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                          Jonah Sparks 

No comments:

Post a Comment