Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Review of Strange Magic

        So I recently watched Strange Magic and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Strange Magic poster.jpg

        Strange Magic is a madcap fairy tale musical inspired by "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Popular songs from the past six decades help tell the tale of a colorful cast of goblins, elves, fairies and imps, and their hilarious misadventures sparked by the battle over a powerful potion.

       

        This was a pretty terrible film. It has no redeeming qualities to it whatsoever. The story is predictable form the get go and it just does no justice to the source material that it is based on. Now you know a Lucasfilm made film is going to be beautiful and this film really is. The animation is just flawless and it leaves you mesmerized. I also enjoyed a few of the songs in the film and they had me singing them after the film was over. Plus most animated films have a lot of subtle adult humor and this one is just a flat out kids movie with not adult humor whatsoever. Overall this is a great kids film with a couple of redeeming qualities, but a pretty bland and boring movie. I give Strange Magic a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Strange Magic, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment