Monday, January 19, 2015

My Review of Paddington

        So I recently watched Paddington and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado....





PaddingtonPOSTER.jpg

        Paddington tells the story of the comic misadventures of a young Peruvian bear (voiced by Ben Whishaw) who travels to the city in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone, he begins to realize that city life is not all he had imagined - until he meets the kindly Brown family who read the label around his neck that says "Please look after this bear. Thank you," and offer him a temporary haven. It looks as though his luck has changed until this rarest of bears catches the eye of a museum taxidermist (played by Nicole Kidman).

       

        When I first heard of the film I thought ok Hollywood is making another classic children's show into a movie and it may seem interesting and it will probably fail. Instead it is interesting and it succeeds in so many different ways. First off the acting in the film is fantastic and Sally Hawkins (while playing the same type of character she always plays) really gives a heartfelt performance and Nicole Kidman does a fantastic job at playing the villain and she make the villain believable. I also really like the humor and action mixed with each other in the film and they really flowed and jelled together. Originally Colin Firth was supposed to voice Paddington and he felt that his voice didn't work with the character and he was replaced with Ben Whishaw and let me say the change was the right move becuase as I hear Whishaw's voice he makes Paddington feel like a real person. I will say that some the jokes don't hit home and some moments are just to emotional. Overall though this was a really surprising film and I know it's way too early but this is the current frontrunner for the Oscars next year and if it can stay relevant then it will get some recognition. I give Paddington a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentle,en what did you think of Paddington ,what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment