Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Review of Still Alice

        So I recently watched Still Alice and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado......





Still Alice - Movie Poster.jpg

        Alice Howland (played by Julianne Moore), is happily married with three grown children and is a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. When she receives a diagnosis of Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease, Alice and her family find their bonds thoroughly tested. Her struggle to stay connected to who she once was is frightening, heartbreaking, and inspiring.

       

        This is a pretty amazing yet really depressing film. Julianne Moore gives the performance of her career and she absolutely deserves the Oscar for Best Actress this year. The story paints a real tragic and horrific look and Alzheimer's disease and it brings about a lot of the serious issues that can occur with this terrible disease that effects so many people each year. I also really liked the supporting cast performances mainly highlighted by Kristen Stewart who give the best performance of her career. I will say that the film doesn't really build on what it has with the great performances and you are left with a bleak and very depressing feeling in the pit of you stomach. Oveall the Moore and Stewart are the two bright spots in a very depressing look at one of life's most tragic disease. I give Still Alice a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Still Alice, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment