Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Review of The Interview

        So I recently watched The Interview and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Interview 2014 poster.jpg

        Dave Skylar (played by James Franco) and his producer Aaron Rapoport (played by Seth Rogen) run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show "Skylark Tonight." When they discover that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un (played by Randall Park) is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the two least-qualified men imaginable, to assassinate Kim Jong-un.

       

        This film is flat out hilarious. Now let me start off and reiterate that I was 100% behind Sony for not releasing the film and I still support that decision, but I am really glad that they did release the film on a limited basis. So with that out of the way like I said in the opening the film is hilarious. The teaming of James Franco and Seth Rogen is just comedic genius and the two really work well togehter. You are constantly hit over the head with some really solid jokes and the'll last with you for a long time so will Firework by Katy Perry. I also really enjoyed the performances especially that of Randell Park who has a lot of the great jokes and this film will land him a lot of roles in the years to come. The problem with the film is that it starts strong and ends strong but everything in the middle just doesn't work. a lot of the jokes last way too long and start to becomes unfunny and not every joke hits the ball out of the park. Plus the film becomes way too predictable from the time you enter North Korea with these two characters. Overall the film has great performances with some really nice laugh-out-loud moments with a lot of predictability and a lull in the middle of the film you begin to question the script and whether or not this film being released is a big deal, but I can firmly see why North Korea did not want this film released. I give The Interview a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Interview. what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment