Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Review of Big Eyes

        So I recently watched Big Eyes and I'm here to bring you my review. So withoput further ado......





Big Eyes poster.jpg

        Walter Keane (played bt Christoph Waltz), who was one of the most successful painters of the 1950s and early 1960s. The artist earned staggering notoriety by revolutionizing the commercialization and accessibility of popular art with his enigmatic paintings of waifs with big eyes. The truth would eventually be discovered though: Keane's art was actually not created by him at all, but by his wife, Margaret (played by Amy Adams). The Keanes, it seemed, had been living a lie that had grown to gigantic proportions.

       

        This is a really great film. Director Tim Burton is officially back after having a few films over the recent years that haven't been so great, but this film really shows that this guys knows how to direct a movie. The performances are also outstanding both coming from the two leads in Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz who both give Oscar -worthy performances, but with so many other really strong contender I don't think they'll get the recognition they deserve. I was also really intrigued by the story because it just shocked me that someone would go to such lengths to steal his own wife's ideas just for him to be successful. I wll say that the film doesn't shift it's tones a lot and it makes the film feel all over the place, but it's still a great bio-pic and the style of the film really fits right into Burton's hands. Overall the film has great directing with some magnificent performances that fit well into the story, but the constant change in tones really took me out of the film. I give Big Eyes a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Big Eyes, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment