Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Review of Rio 2

        So I recently watched Rio 2 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.......................





Rio 2 Poster.JPG

        It's a jungle out there for Blu (voiced by Jesse Eisenberg), Jewel (voiced by Anne Hathaway) and their three kids in RIO 2, after they're hurtled from that magical city to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel (voiced by Jemaine Clement), and meets the most fearsome adversary of all - his father-in-law named Eduardo (voiced by Andy Garcia).

     

        I was very disappointed by this film. It tries to build on what worked in the first film (i.e. good story, funny jokes and stunning visuals) but it fails miserably and it's very predictable. I don't really get the great family feel that the first one had. Listen I know kids under 10 will enjoy the film and that's great because it is a kids movie, but for the adults who have to sit through the film, most are going to be so bored. I did however live the voice work in film and loved some of the new characters added such as Jewel's ex-lover voiced by Bruno Mars who does a phenomenal job and Jewel's father voiced by the magnificent Andy Garcia. Overall the film had a few bright spots but it was really boring and the story was very dull and I'm going to give Rio 2 a 4 out of 10 and I would check it out if it's a Saturday morning of watching TV with the kids.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Rio 2, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment