Friday, April 18, 2014

My Review of A Haunted House

        In honor of A Haunted House 2 being released this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to review the first film in the franchise A Haunted House. So without further ado...





A Haunted House Poster.jpg

        A young couple Malcolm (played by Marlon Wayans) and Kisha (played by Essence Atkins) who have just moved in to their dream house. As they settle in, they quickly find they're not alone. But it's not the house that's haunted, it's Malcolm's girlfriend who is possessed by a demon. Malcolm hires everyone from a priest to modern day ghostbusters to rid her of this unwelcome intruder, determined not to let the evil spirit ruin his relationship... or, more importantly, his sex life.

       

        What in the world did I watch? This movie is so terrible I mean literally terrible. The film literally treats you like you are stupid and literally tries to brain wash you that it is funny. Now I will admit that I did laugh at some parts (mostly with Cedric The Entertainer). Also I though Marlon Wayans did a great job and the film could have benefited from using his brother Shawn. But overall the film is completely terrible and Essence Atkins is one of the most annoying women I have ever seen on screen (her voice literally sounds like nail on a chalkboard). I'm going to give A Haunted House a 3.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of A Haunted House, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment