Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Review of Brick Mansions

        So I recently watched Brick Mansions and I'm here to bring you my review. so without further ado........





Brick Mansions Poster.jpg

        In a dystopian Detroit, abandoned brick mansions left from better times now house only the most dangerous criminals. Unable to control the crime, the police constructed a colossal containment wall around this area to protect the rest of the city. For undercover cop Damien Collier (played by Paul Walker) every day is a battle against corruption. For Lino (played by David Belle), every day is a fight to live an honest life. Their paths never should have crossed, but when drug kingpin, Tremaine (played by RZA) kidnaps Lino's girlfriend, Damien reluctantly accepts the help of the fearless ex-convict, and together they must stop a sinister plot to devastate the entire city.

        I was actually really disappointed with this film. I can honestly say that Paul walker is glad that he won't be remembered for this being his last film. But I will say that he is the best part of the film and he does a really good job. The film's story is reverse story of District 9 and Elysium and it just gets really complicated and very boring. Now I will say that the action is pretty darn good but the shaky camera just ruins it and it makes the film look very tacky and sloppy. Also I have a serious question, why in God's name does RZA act? My goodness this guy is horrible and when he's on screen I just want to blow my brains out, I mean it's literally that bad. I will say that this is a guy's movie and if you have the chance force your girlfriend to go see this instead of The Other Woman where I can guarantee you'll breakup after it's over if you see that other than this. Overall the film is very sloppy and boring so I'm going to give Brick Mansions a 3.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Brick mansions, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in  the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment