Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Review of Draft Day

        So I recently watched Draft Day and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado................





Draft Day poster.jpg

        On the day of the NFL Draft, general manager Sonny Weaver (played by Kevin Costner) has the opportunity to rebuild his team when he trades for the number one pick. He must quickly decide what he's willing to sacrifice in pursuit of perfection as the lines between his personal and professional life become blurred on a life-changing day for a few hundred young men with dreams of playing in the NFL.

     


        This film was a little bit of a surprise. The story has really good theme of going with your heart instead of what other people tell you to do. Kevin Costner is back his comfort zone of sports movies and does a really great job. Also the supporting cast was really good and it includes Jennifer Garner, Dennis Leary and Chadwick Boseman and Frank Langella. director Ivan Reitman gives us a really good insight into what really goes on behind closed doors during the 2nd biggest day of the NFL season. The film disappointed me on a few levels. One being that it's about the Cleveland Browns (seriously the Browns) I mean who really wants to care about a crap franchise like the Browns (sorry Cleveland fans). Also another disappointment was that it mostly felt like a really big commercial for the NFL and I feel that the film didn't really need all of the advertisement when the NFL is already a recognizable organization. Overall I really enjoyed the film and I'm going to give Draft Day a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Draft Day, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment