Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Review of Dom Hemingway

        So I recently watched Dom Hemingway and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.....





Dom Hemingway -- Movie Poster.jpg

        Dom Hemingway (played by Jude Law) is a larger-than-life safecracker with a loose fuse, funny, profane, and dangerous. Back on the streets of London after twelve years in prison, it is time to collect what he is owed for keeping his mouth shut. Travelling with his devoted best friend Dickie (played by Richard E. Grant), Dom visits his crime boss Mr Fontaine (played by Demián Bichir) in the south of France to claim his reward. But Dom's drunk and drug-fueled ego decides what he has lost can not be replaced. One car accident and a femme fatale later, Dom realizes his priority must be to reconnect with his long-lost daughter Evelyn (played by Emilia Clarke).

       

        I was actually surprised by the film. It has a really dark tone that just let's you know that the film will be awesome. Jude Law is a complete badass in the film and this is probably his best role to date. The supporting cast is good but not great. The story lacks though in the sense that it's a crime film with not a lot of crime scenes.  I feel that not a lot of people will get into to the movie because there are some parts where it drags on and seem to never end. The director is Richard Shepard who is mostly known for directing TV shows (such as Ugly Betty and 30 Rock) and you would think that his comedic background would help in a crime comedy but it really brings the film down. Overall I enjoyed the film and Law's performance, so I'm going to give Dom Hemingway a 4.5 out of 10 and I would check it out it was a on TV on a Saturday night with the broskies.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Dom Hemingway, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                        Jonah Sparks 

No comments:

Post a Comment