Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Review of The Visit

        So I recently watched The Visit and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado........





The Visit (2015 film) poster.jpg

        The terrifying story of a brother and sister who are sent to their grandparents' remote Pennsylvania farm for a weeklong trip. Once the children discover that the elderly couple is involved in something deeply disturbing, they see their chances of getting back home are growing smaller every day.

       

        This was a really surprising film. M. Night Shyamalan was once one of the best up and coming directors after he did films such as The Sixth Sense (for which he was nominated for Best Director at the Oscars) and very underrated Unbreakable. Sense that time he has come out with a couple decent films and films that could be considered some of the worst films of all-time. He has received a lot of hate for some of his films (The Lady in The Water and The Last Airbender) and rightfully so. Is this the film that can bring him back to prominence... no, but it is a good start in the right direction. The film is cliched and it is somewhat a predictable film. Shyamalan is known as the twist master and the twist in this film isn't the brightest or greatest thing in the world, but it is pretty original. Some of the scares in the film were given away by the trailers and I just was as frightened as I should've been, but I will say that there are some really creepy moments that made me cringe and I haven't done that lately in horror films. The performances were good enough for you not to get bored with, but the child actors are just atrocious and there's not much more you can say about them. Overall this is a nice film for Shyamalan to back on the right track of what he used to be. I give The Visit a 5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Visit, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment