Monday, June 23, 2014

My Review of Jersey Boys

        So I recently watched Jersey Boys and I'm here ton bring you my review. So without further ado...........





Jersey Boys Poster.jpg

        Clint Eastwood's big screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical tells the story of the four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic `60s rock group The Four Seasons. Their trials and triumphs are accompanied by the hit songs that influenced a generation, and are now being embraced by a new generation of fans through the stage musical.



        I was really disappointed by the film. I was really looking forward to getting to know The Four Seasons since I didn't grow up with them or not knowing much about them. I also thought the breaking of the 4th wall worked in the stage play but in a film this serious it shouldn't have been done. Also I thought the script was really weak and the performances of the actors reflected that. 3 of the 4 main guys are from the Broadway play and they go way to dramatic for the roles. Look Clint Eastwood has directed some great films but he's just completely out of his element and the movie is miserable. The one thing that that I really enjoyed was the songs and i thought they were performed great. Overall the film is a mess and it's such a disappointing film. I give Jersey Boys a 2 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Jersey Boys, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment