Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My 7 Predictions for Star Wars Episode VII

        Now I know Star Wars Episode VII is a little less than a year and a half away, but with the recent Star Wars news going around and pieces of the puzzle coming together I figured that I would give my 7 predictions for Star Wars Episode VII. So without further ado...





7. Star Wars Episode VII will make $1 billion dollars at the box office
        
        This one is a no brainer. Star Wars in 1977 made over $775 million, but adjust it for inflation it now sits at $2.7 billion. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 1999 made just a little over $1 billion. So with that information there is no doubt in saying that it will make $1 billion. You also have to think that with it coming out on December 16th, 2015 it'll be out around Christmas and it will also probably be in theaters until February since there aren't that many (if any at all) great movies that come out in January and February which greatly helps it cause.

6. We will see new lightsaber colors

        Now some of you are saying there are more than just the traditional blue, green and red? Well yes there are more colors. One color (Purple) was in the prequel trilogy which was owned by Mace Windu. As for the other colors there are in fact yellow, white and black. I believe that with the traditional colors and purple that we will see possibly a black or yellow lightsaber.

5. Max von Sydow will be an reincarnation of Darth Plagueis

        Now for those big Star Wars fans out there you probably think I am crazy, but just follow along with me. For those that don't know Darth Plagueis is an all-powerful sith who was able to help cheat death. But in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Chancellor Palpatine explains the story of Darth Plagueis and how he wasn't able to save himself and his apprentice killed him in his sleep. But what if there was a way that Darth Plagueis found a way to save himself and had been kept dormant for what would be in the movies for almost 100 years so it is plausible and it also leads into my next prediction.  

4. The film will be officially called Star Wars Episode VII: The Ancient Fear

        See if my prediction of Darth Plagueis holds true then this title makes sense. I mean if Darth Plagueis has been dormant for almost 100 years then he is kind of ancient. Plus the title is also a play off of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

3.  Lupita Nyong'o will play Asajj Ventress

        I mean just look at the picture of Asajj Ventress and compare it to Lupita. They look just alike by having the same body type. This is one I have no doubt about. 

                                                           (photo courtesy of Tom+Lorenzo)


2. Andy Serkis will be a Mo-Cap character

        This one was tough to predict. I mean you don't get the greatest motion capture actor on the planet to not have him play a mo-cap character. But there is an outside possibility that he could be a live-action character and a mo-cap character. It is also my belief that if he is a mo-cap character then he could play a newer version of Yoda but not be the same species or Yoda himself.

1. Han Solo will die in Episode 7

        This is one I myself have bee able to piece it together as fact. I mean first off look at the past to films that lead of each trilogy a main character has died. Now granted in both of those films Jedi's have died (Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi) and before some recent news broke I was believing that Luke Skywalker would die. But with the recent news of Harrison Ford breaking his leg and Disney stating that the injury (which will cost Harrison Ford 8 weeks) will not effect shooting and it makes me wonder how much he will be in the film. Also the fact that Harrison Ford hates the character of Han Solo (in the fact that he wanted him to die in Return of the Jedi) it just makes since for the character to die.

    
        So ladies and gentlemen what do you think of my predictions, what are some of your predictions and eventhough it's a year and a half away are you excited for Star Wars Episode VII.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment