Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Review of The Fault in Our Stars

        So I recently watched The Fault in Our Stars and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Fault in our stars.jpg

        Hazel (played by Shailene Woodley) and Gus (played by Ansel Elgort) are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.

       

        I was pleasantly surprised by the film. Having not read the book I figured the film would be a sob fest over the same worn out plot lines that we've seen time and time again, but I was way wrong. The story is smart, compelling and takes us as an audience on a emotional and powerful journey of loving someone no matter what they have been through in life. The film has an incredible cast that give amazing performances, especially those of Shailene Woodley and Laura Dern who both deserve Oscar nominations (more the former than the latter). The main problem with the film is that it was just a little to long but overall it's nearly a flawless movie. The Fault in Our Stars is this decade's The Notebook, but with better storytelling and a better cast. It's also a film that guys can actually say that they are proud to watch the film with the wives or girlfriends. In a summer dominated by big blockbuster films The Fault in Our Stars gives a fresh new filmgoing experience. Overall I give The Fault in Our Stars a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Fault in Our Stars, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment