Saturday, June 14, 2014

My Review of 22 Jump Street

        So I recently watched 22 Jump Street and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado........





The faces of two men wearing colorful sunglasses, and holding guns up beside their faces. Above them the number '22' in red.

        After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (played by Jonah Hill) and Jenko (played by Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college. But when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team, and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership. Now they don't have to just crack the case - they have to figure out if they can have a mature relationship. If these two overgrown adolescents can grow from freshmen into real men, college might be the best thing that ever happened to them.



        I'm going to shock a lot of people and say that I was really let down by the film and didn't really enjoy the film. I wanted to see something fresh and new, but it's the same the movie as 21 Jump Street. It's like comparing The Hangover and The Hangover Part 2 except with that 22 Jump street is funnier than The Hangover Part 2. There are a lot of very slow moments that took me out of the film and a couple of scenes just went on for longer than they should have and it just got boring. I will say that the first half of the film was decent but the second half of the film was really funny. The performances of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are good but could have been way better. I personally thought that Ice Cube stole the film with his comedy. I also did like the fact that the film does acknowledge that it is the same movie all over again and the filmmakers actually took the time to let the audience know that they aren't stupid. Overall there are a few good laughes with a couple of memorable quotes and scenes, but I was just let down by the film. Overall I give 22 Jump Street a 5.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of 22 Jump Street, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comment section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment