Monday, June 16, 2014

My Review of How to Train Your Dragon 2

        So I recently watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





How to Train Your Dragon 2 poster.jpg

        Five years after the Viking village of Berk has made peace with the dragons, dragons now live among the villagers as working animals and companions, and even take part in racing sport. Hiccup (played by Jay Baruchel) goes on adventures with his dragon, Toothless, as they discover and map unexplored lands and territories. Having come of age, he is being pressed by his father, Stoick the Vast (voiced by Gerard Butler), to succeed him as chieftain, although Hiccup remains unsure if he is ready for this responsibility.

       

        This movie is flat out awesome. The visuals in the film are just absolutely breath-taking and I kinda wish that I had seen the film in 3D (they really are that awesome). The voice acting in the film is fantastic and I really like that the filmmakers didn't reuse eh same old plot from the first film and they actually aged up their characters a to make it feel like a realistic world. The film does a nice job of developing the plot as well as the characters. It also has a lot of themes that adults can relate to as well. My one complaint is that sometimes with the breathtaking visuals is that they take away form the story and are constantly thrown at you. Overall though I loved the film and I honestly think it's better than the first. I give How to Train Your Dragon 2 a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of How to Train Your Dragon 2, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment