Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Review of The Irrational Man

        So I recently watched The Irrational Man and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Irrational Man (film) poster.jpg

        At the small-town college campus Braylin, philosophy professor Abe Lucas (played by Joaquin Phoenix) finds himself in an existential crisis, but he discovers a new purpose in life when he enters into a relationship with Jill Pollard (played by Emma Stone), one of his students.

       

        This was a really disappointing film. I say that because it's coming from Woody Allen who is one of the greatest directors/writers of all-time and this is one of worst films to date. You can see a lot of his mannerisms in the film, but they just don't work that well this time around. I did like the cast and the performances they gave, especially the work from Joaquin Phoenix and Emma Stone who have really great chemistry in the film. I also liked seeing Parker Posey and she gave a pretty decent performance is well. My main problem with the film is that it moves really slow and the plot is just dragged on for too long and I was thinking to myself "when is this going to end" and I felt really bored and that's something you hardly ever see out of a Woody Allen film/ Overall this was just a really slow and boring film that I couldn't sink my teeth into, but it does have some outstanding performances. I give The Irrational Man a 2 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Irrational Man, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment