Monday, September 29, 2014

My Review of The Equalizer

        So I recently watched The Equalizer and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Equalizer poster.jpg

        McCall ( played by Denzel Washington) is a man who believes he has put his mysterious past behind him and dedicated himself to beginning a new, quiet life. But when McCall meets Teri (played by Chloë Grace Moretz), a young girl under the control of ultra-violent Russian gangsters, he can't stand idly by - he has to help her. Armed with hidden skills that allow him to serve vengeance against anyone who would brutalize the helpless, McCall comes out of his self-imposed retirement and finds his desire for justice reawakened. If someone has a problem, if the odds are stacked against them, if they have nowhere else to turn, McCall will help. He is The Equalizer.

       

        This movie was really good. The pairing of Antoine Fuqua and Denzel Washington is genius. Both worked togehter on Training Day (for which Washington won an Oscar for) and this film is as almost good as Training Day. I really liked the action in the film and in the action scenes Denzel proves that he can still get the job done. I also really loved the performances of the aforementioned Washington and Chloe Grace Moretz who is slowly proving her worth and showing what she can do. Now I will say that I have never watched Tv show called The Equalizer (for which the film is based off of) and I don't know how dark the show was, but i thought the dark tone of the film was just too much. But the one thing that was missing from the film was an Ethan Hawke (who co-stared in Training Day) type of character in the film to help counter-balance Washington. Overall the film  was fun and has great performances, but the film has to dark of a tone for me to take the film seriously. Overall I give The Equalizer a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Equalizer, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment