Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Review of Everest

        So I recently watched Everest and I'm here to bring you my review? So without further ado..........





Everest poster.jpg

        In this adventure docudrama set in 1996, a number of simultaneous expeditions up Mount Everest resulted in the deaths of eight climbers.

       

        This is a really hard to film to watch. The reason for that is because going into the film knowing the story and what happened to the majority of them as they climbed  the tallest mountain in the world. The cast is loaded with talent and none of them disappoint as they all get their moment to shine and give outstanding performances. The film itself is also absolutely breathtaking and their are scenes that make you feel like you are actually climbing Mount Everest or that you all falling off of the mountain. The film does have it's share of problems. One being that it does feel a lot of overcrowded and they focused on a lot of different storylines instead of focusing on one or two in particular and granted I understand why they told so many stories, but it all just didn't click into one cohesive story. Overall this is a really intense film and I highly recommend seeing the film in IMAX or in some sort of fashion like XD to get the full experience, but be prepared for the more heart-breaking moments of the film. I give Everest an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Everest, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment