Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Review of Jem and the Holograms

        So I recently watched Jem and the Holograms and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Jem Movie Teaser Poster.png

        As a small-town girl named Jem (played by Aubrey Peeples) catapults from underground video sensation to global superstar, she and her three sisters begin a journey of discovering that some talents are too special to keep hidden.

       

        This is an absolutely dreadful pile of crap film. Now the target audience for the film is young girls and their mothers who grew up with the show (I am neither so I can't relate to either of those). This seemed like a really stupid idea from the start because I personally had never even heard of the show so I was going in not knowing anything. After doing some background checking and then watching this film, I can firmly say that this film is nothing like the show whatsoever. The filmmakers dumbed it down to the point where you can't follow the film. It also copies the entire plot of Josie and the Pussycats (released back in 2001) and that's just lazy filmmaking at its finest. The performances are just terrible and none of the characters are believable and the way they get to their fame it just so unrealistic that it's laughable. Easy to laugh in the film because it is so ridiculous and silly and when it tries to get emotional/dramatic it just falters. The film also feels like a music video and that's not surprising considering director Jon M. Chu used to direct music videos and he also directed two of the Justin Bieber concert movies and two of the Step-Up films so a bad result for this film should've been expected. Overall this is a pathetic attempt at a film and one that I was hoping would fail. I give Jem and the Holograms a 0 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Jem and the Holograms, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment