Sunday, May 3, 2015

My Review of Welcome to Me

        So I recently watched Welcome to Me and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Welcome to Me poster.png

        Alice Klieg (played by Kriten Wiig) is a woman with borderline personality disorder who wins the lottery and decides to spend the cash on her own cable access talk show, where her larger-than-life personality and obsession with being famous begins to alienate her friends and family.

       

        This was a really good film. It has a really interesting story and it gives a great look at the daily struggles that people with personality disorders go through on a daily basis. Kristen Wiig continues to show that she can be both a comedic actress and a dramatic actress and I honestly think she'll get an Oscar nomination in the near future. The film does a great job of blending comedy and drama and it really is a great character study. The supporting cast around Wiig all do a great job and help the film move the story along. I will say that while the film tries to bring a across a good message, I don';t think it had the impact that the filmmakers wanted to have. Overall this is interesting and fun film that had no impact on my view of people with personality disorders. I give Welcome to Me an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Welcome to Me, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment