Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Review of Slow West

        So I recently watched Slow West and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.....





Slow west poster.jpg

        At the end of the nineteenth century, 16-year-old Jay Cavendish (played by Kodi Smit-McPhee) journeys across the American frontier in search of the woman he loves. He is joined by Silas (played by Michael Fassbender), a mysterious traveler, and hotly pursued by an outlaw along the way.

       

        This is really great film. First I just want to say that Michael Fassbender is officially one of the top 5 actors working Hollywood. A lot of people have said that before, but after seeing this film I am convinced that he is in the top 5. His performance along with Kodi Smit-McPhee are just fantastic and they have amazing chemistry together. I also love the performance of Ben Mendelsohn and this goes to show that he doesn't need to be as underrated as he is. The film itself paints a bleak picture of the old west and it shows a lot brutal images that made me a little uncomfortable and I usually don't get uncomfortable watching films. It is also action-packed and it borrows a lot from older westerns and it made them into there own. Overall this is a fun film with amazing performances and action-packed, but the parts that were uncomfortable are just a little too much for my taste. I give Slow West an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Slow West, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comment section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment