Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Review of Good Kill

        So I recently watched Good Kill and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado......





Good Kill poster.jpg

        Major Thomas Egan (played by Ethan Hawke) is a U.S. Air Force pilot who started flying drones when plane pilots became less needed. The movie action starts when Egan is already disillusioned with his drone flying activity, due to the lack of flight-related thrills and to the limited ability to control collateral damage during airstrikes. He further starts to question the ethics of his occupation while running missions for the CIA involving double tap, the indiscriminate killing of groups of people in Yemen, a country not at war with the USA.

       

        This was a really good movie. First let me say that the film presents a really interesting picture at how our government works when it comes to wartime situations. I also like how it's a war film without really showing any warfare other then what drones do. Ethan Hawke gives a spectacular performance in the film and he really does carry it throughout. You also have to give a lot of credit to Director/writer Andrew Nichol who does an amazing job and I think this is a film that really showed what he can do after the debacle known as The Host. I will say that the film does show a little too much propaganda for my taste and at some points the film slows down and some scenes drag on longer than they should've. Overall this is a film that presents a lot of good messages, but it shows a lot of political messages that just didn't sit well with me. I give Good Kill a 7.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Good Kill what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment