Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Review of Tomorrowland

        So I recently watched Tomorrowland and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Tomorrowland poster.jpg

        Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (played by George Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (played by Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as "Tomorrowland." What they must do there changes the world-and them-forever.

       

        This was a pretty disappointing movie. I was really looking forward to this film so much that it ended up in my top 10 most anticipated films of  not only the first half of 2015, but for the entire year. One of the reasons why I was looking forward to it so much was because of two reasons. One being director Brad Bird who directed The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and The Iron Giant and I thought that this would be the film that proved he could take on any type of genre and be successful with it and that ends up not being the case. I was also looking forward to the film simply because we all complain that there is nothing original coming out of Hollywood (which is stupid because there is, but a lot of you don't go see them) and this film is possible one of the most original films I've seen in years. The film has a really great story and message, but it changes tones so many times that I didn't really know what I was watching and I just don't think that the message that was used in film should've been in the film and it should've been displayed in a different medium. One of the bright spots of the film was the visuals. It, along with Mad Max: Fury Road, is one of the most beautiful films I've seen in a long time. The performances in the film are pretty great as well and the chemistry between Clooney and Robertson is tremendous, but the real stand-out is Raffey Cassidy and she stole the movie I think she has long and bright future ahead of her. Overall the film has a great story and message that wasn't executed well, but the performances and visuals are enough for you to go see. I give Tomorrowland a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Tomorrowland, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment