Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Review of McFarland, USA

        So I recently watched McFarland, USA and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





McFarland, USA poster.jpg

        Inspired by the 1987 true story, McFarland, USA follows coach Jim White (played by Kevin Costner) whose job-hopping leads him to a predominantly Latino high school where he struggles to find common ground until he notices his students' exceptional running ability and forms a fledgling team of unlikely runners who bond to build a championship cross-country team and an enduring legacy.


        This was a great and inspirational movie to watch. Disney over the years has provided us with some pretty great sports movies and most of them being based off of true stories. I didn't know the full story of this small California high school, but the film made more interested to check out more about it and more of the backstory of this unique group of individuals. I thought the casting was spot on as this the type of roles I like seeing Kevin Costner in. If he would do more dramatic roles instead of trying to a film like 3 Days to Kill, then he could come back into the mainstream spotlight. This film packs an emotional punch as you follow along on their journey from working in crops to achieving greatness. Eventhough I didn't know much about the backstory I thought the film was really predictable and that's been a big problem with Disney sports films. Overall I thought the film was emotional and everyone should go see it, but prepared to pretty much know everything before you go to see the film. I give McFarland, USA a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of McFarland, USA, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                          Jonah Sparks 

No comments:

Post a Comment