Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Review of Shaun the Sheep Movie

        So I recently watched Shaun the Sheep Movie and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Shaun the Sheep MoviePoster.jpg

        When Shaun (voiced by Justin Fletcher) decides to take the day off and have some fun, he gets a little more action than he bargained for. A mix up with the Farmer (played by John Sparkes), a caravan, and a very steep hill lead them all to the Big City and it's up to Shaun and the flock to return everyone safely to the green grass of home.

       

        This was a fun movie to watch. Now I will say that I'm not the target audience for the film nor did I watch the show that was on Disney channel. I am however a fan of stop-motion animation and that's what this film was and to me it's one of the types of animation that takes a lot of work for it to do well. This is a film that is very interesting in the sense that it has no dialogue, and by no dialogue I mean no spoken words by any character in the film whatsoever. Now there are sound effects so it isn't a silent film by any means, but I still think it's an interesting idea to have a film like this. That is also a downfall for the film to me because while I do enjoy silent films more than most people, I don't think this was the route the film needed to go because while children probably won't care about the dialogue, but the adults that take them to the film will probably be really bored with the film. Now while there is no dialogue the sounds that the characters make do lend to comedic elements to the film. Overall this was a really surprising and fun film, but the lack of dialogue brings down my level of enjoyment. I give Shaun the Sheep Movie a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Shaun the Sheep Movie, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment