Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Review of The Man from U.N.C.L.E

        So I recently watched The Man from U.N.C.L.E and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Man from U.N.C.L.E. poster.jpg

        Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." centers on CIA agent Solo (played by Henry Cavil) and KGB agent Kuryakin (played by Armie Hammer). Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo's only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist (played by Alicia Vikander), who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe.

       

        This was a pretty fun film. Now let me say that I honestly had never heard about the tv show whatsoever so I was going into the film completely blind about the whole premise of the film and that was actually a great idea to do so. I thought the film was brilliant and it had a pretty interesting story although it was nothing new compared to what we've seen over the years with other spy films. It really focused on the back and forth banter between Henry Cavil and Armie Hammer's character and how they come from complete opposite backgrounds and I thought that they had really great chemistry with each other and with Alicia Vikander in the middle of them both gave the film a really unique and interesting dynamic. I thought that Guy Ritchie was a great choice to direct this style of film with his unique directing style, but I thought he tried to show off his style more than build on the films story and characters. Overall this is another great spy for 2015 and I really enjoyed it. I give The Man from U.N.C.L.E. an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Man from U.N.C.L.E., what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment