Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Review of Ricki and The Flash

        So I recently watched Ricki and The Flash and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Ricki and the Flash poster.jpg

       Ricki  (played by Meryl Streep) chased her dreams of becoming a famous rock star by abandoning her family. She gets a chance to put things right when her ex-husband Pete (played by Kevin Kline) asks her to visit Indianapolis and help their estranged daughter Julie (played by Mamie Gummer) through a difficult time.
     
       

        This was a pretty decent film. I really enjoyed this film simply because it has a good message that we all need to hear and it will probably hit a lot people hard when they finally see the film and know that they've had the same experience. I really enjoyed the performances of Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline who are just two of the best actors of all-time and as much as I hate to say it, Meryl Streep will probably get an Oscar nomination for the film as she does with just about every film she is in simply because the Academy loves her and they will nominate her for anything no matter how bad or good the film is (i.e. Ironweed, Julie and Julia and  Into the Woods). I also say that because director Johnathan Demme has helped actors get numerous Oscar wins and nominations in his storied career. One thing that impressed me was the performance of Rick Springfield and I thought he did a great job of showing off his acting chops. While I did like the film and the story, I did think that it pulled on the heartstrings too much and at times it became a very over-dramatic film. Overall this is a really decent film with great performances, but the film just came to wishy washy for my taste. I give Ricki and The Flash a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Ricki and The Flash, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment