Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Review of The Grand Budapest Hotel

        So I recently watched The Grand Budapest Hotel and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Grand Budapest Hotel Poster.jpg

        The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting, the battle for an enormous family fortune and the slow and then sudden upheavals that transformed Europe during the first half of the 20th century.

     

        This film was hilarious. All of the actors in the star studded cast which includes Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Jude Law, Harvey Keitel, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Jason Schwartzman, Tilda Swinton, Tom Wilkinson and  Owen Wilson are just amazing. The film is visually stunning and it has some of the best costume and production design I've seen in a film in at least 5 years. The camerawork in the film is also just breathtaking and what Anderson and his team were able to do is a pure cinematic achievement. This film right now is my pick to win Best Picture (I know its early) at the Oscars next year. This is director Wes Anderson's best work and I look for this film to get a lot of award recognition next year. Overall I give The Gran Budapest Hotel a 10 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Grand Budapest Hotel, what would you score it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment