Monday, July 29, 2013

The Wolverine Review

        After a disappointing showing with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Wolverine is back on the big screen bigger and better than ever. Here is my review of The Wolverine.





The Wolverine posterUS.jpg

        Set several years after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand, Logan/Wolverine (played by Hugh Jackman) travels to Japan, where he engages an old acquaintance in a struggle that has lasting consequences. Stripped of his immortality, Wolverine must battle deadly samurai warriors as well as his inner demons.


        I thought the film was pretty good, I felt that the film dragged on and it had some pretty bad pacing. The action in the film was top notch especially the train scene. I also like the scenes with Jean Grey (played by Famke Janssen) and how she haunts Logan every chance that she gets. The love story didn't feel real to me and the Silver Samurai was not the one I was expecting. This is kinda the Wolverine film that I expected and I think its one that the fans wanted, Hugh Jackman gives another good performance as Wolverine and the mid-credits scene is one to see and it makes seeing the movie worth waiting to see the scene. Overall though I am going to give the film an 8 out of 10.

       So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Wolverine, did you like it or dislike it, and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment