Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Review of The Monuments Men

        So I recently watched The Monuments Men and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Monuments Men poster.jpg

        Tasked by FDR, an unlikely World War II platoon is forced with the task of going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. It would be an impossible mission: with the art trapped behind enemy lines, and with the German army under orders to destroy everything as the Reich fell, how could these guys – seven museum directors, curators, and art historians, all more familiar with Michelangelo than the M-1 – possibly hope to succeed? But as the Monuments Men, as they were called, found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1000 years of culture, they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankind’s greatest achievements.

       

        This film is a major disappointment. When I first hear about this film I was really intrigued and then when the cast was announced I got really excited. But the movie is just really boring and stupid. The story is an amazing tale that needed to be told simply because of what the men wen through to get these expensive pieces of art, but you are left leaving the film asking what in the hell did I just watch and you will be confused. There is no character development at all and you don't care what happens to anyone in this film, which makes it sound like you are rooting for the Nazis in the film. The actors do an amazing job with such a pile of crap and when you have Academy Award winning writers in George Clooney and Grant Heslov you should be able to produce a quality movie, but they don't on an epic scale. Overall I give The Monuments Men a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Monuments Men, what would you score it and what did you think of my review? let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment