Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Review of The Birth of a Nation

        So I recently watched The Birth of a Nation and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Birth of a Nation theatrical poster.jpg

        When Confederate colonel Ben Cameron (played by Henry B. Walthall) is captured in battle, nurse Elsie Stoneman (played by Lillian Gish) petitions for his pardon. In Reconstruction-era South Carolina, Cameron founds the Ku Klux Klan, battling Elsie's congressman father (played by Ralph Lewis) and his African-American protégé, Silas Lynch (played by George Siegmann).   

       

        I enjoyed this film more than I thought I would. I had heard only minor things about the film but being able to finally see it was an awesome experience. It is considered one of the most controversial movies of all-time and it is majority pro towards the support of the KKK. Now it is a silent film so that aspect of it is bad but overall the film is a masterpiece and very dramatic. Everything done in the film is magnificent and I recommend the film to anyone that wants to check it out. Overall I give The Birth of a Nation a 10 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what are your thoughts on The Birth of a Nation and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment