Sunday, June 16, 2013

Man of Steel Review

              Well everybody I have seen Man of Steel and I'm here to bring you my review.


              As I said in my Man of Steel preview I didn't particularly like Superman as a comic book character (and I still don't), but I do have to say that I loved Man of Steel. It was action-packed, it had a lot of emotional moments, and overall it was just a great movie to see. Now I'm not going to give a traditional film because I don't want to give away too much to the people that haven't seen it yet. With that being I will instead tell you the things Like/Loved and what I Disliked/Hated, this way if you have seen it we can discuss how you felt about Man of Steel. So without further  ado......
           

           Likes

  1. I loved the fact that we actually got to see Krypton. In other movies we are just shown Superman leaving and Krypton exploding. 
  2. I loved Russell Crowe, Micheal Shannon, and Kevin Costner's performances as Jor-el, General Zod, and Johnathan Kent respectively. I especially loved Shannon's performance and I think he definitely should be considered for an Academy Award nomination. 
  3. I loved all of the action. I was highly entertained and the movie kept me on the edge of my seat.
  4. I loved Zack Snyder's nonlinear storytelling and the usage of flashbacks
  5. I loved that the movie showed a LexCorp and WayneTech signs stating that Batman and Lex Luthor do exist in this rebooted movie universe.
  6. I loved the fight scene between Zod and Superman (especially the ending)
           
           Dislikes 

  1. I hated Amy Adams as Lois Lane. I personally didn't feel that she embodied who Lois lane is and she seemed pretty stiff
  2. I felt that eventhough the action was great, I got really tired of having CGI just thrown at me left and right.
  3. I felt that the battle with the World Engine wasn't necessary. 
  4. I felt at the end of the movie that I couldn't see a Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, or even a Batman fit into this type of a universe and it makes me really wonder how a Justice League movie will work.
  5. Finally the thing that I absolutely hated the most was at the end of the movie when Superman became Clark Kent reporter for the Daily Planet. If you are going to go with this dark of a movie you cannot have Superman become Clark Kent the reporter.
        With all of this being said I tried not to give away too much but I feel that I gave enough for you all that haven't seen it to check out the movie for yourself. I really enjoyed the movie and it had some minor flaws and unnecessary details but overall I give this movie an 8.5/10. I highly recommend the film to everybody.

          So ladies and gentlemen what did you thin of Man of Steel, was it what you expected, and what did you like or dislike about the movie? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                      Jonah Sparks


           

No comments:

Post a Comment