Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Review of August: Osage County

        So I recently watched August: Osage County and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





August Osage County 2013 poster.jpg

        August: Osage County tells the dark, hilarious and deeply touching story of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose lives have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Midwest house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them.

       

        This film is really good and enjoyed it. The ensemble cast of the movie which includes Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Ewan McGregor, Chris Cooper, Abigail Breslin and Benedict Cumberbatch is just absolutely amazing, especially the work of the always great Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts (who stands her ground and goes toe to toe with Streep). The story, costumes and cinematography are just simply amazing. You can tell that this film is based off of a Broadway play simply by the structure of the film. The one thing I will say is that the film is very depressing and dark and that's what brought the film down for me. So overall I'm going to give August: Osage County a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of August: Osage County, what would you score it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks








No comments:

Post a Comment